Gates’ corporate experience includes CSC, PTC & 7 technology startups, 4 of which were acquired (1 each by CSC & BISYS/Citibank). 20 years ago Gates launched ITconnecter, a digital transformation integrator, focused on providing “innovation in IT” consulting services for technology companies & corporate IT. In discovering, defining & providing multi-vertical technology solutions for a business’ operational requirements & strategic direction, ITconnecter uses a “business architecture” viewpoint in advising clients on emerging technology opportunities around data, process & CX.
In addition to extensive IoT & cloud ecosystem experience, Gates Ouimette has started, grown & managed vertical practices for emerging technology consulting / integration firms. Areas of expertise included network infrastructure web / eCommerce application development & integration, at all 7 layers of ISO's OSI framework. Gates has experience w/channels / partnerships, multi-sourcing & infrastructure technologies, from their inception, including:
- PCs & PC networks (e.g. 3+Open, Novell, LANManager)
- LANs/WANs (25 years of Cisco-related and Ethernet experience)
- the internet (created and delivered banking industry introduction to the Internet in 1997)
- imaging workflow systems (Watermark integrator, acquired by Filenet then acquired by IBM)
- SaaS / PaaS, early adopter of Salesforce, 2000
- eCommerce, internet marketplaces & hubs (leader in CSC’s global NetMarkets practice 1998-2000)
- virtualization & VDI practice launch & development (Desktone/VMWare)
- cloud (public, private, hybrid) for end-users & channel partners
- delivering a Technology Business Management (TBM) workshop @ the April, 2014 ITFMA conference
- IoT, machine learning & augmented reality
Gates has an MBA from Loyola University ('90) & a BS in MIS from SNHU w/25+ published articles on the intersection of business & technology. He founded a B2B eCommerce seminar & was President of the Enterprise Technology Forum.
Article, Blog Post, Whitepaper, Ebook, Website Copy, Interview, Case Study, Press Release, Email Newsletter, Presentation