I think like a journalist but write for businesses. Which is to say, I translate complicated information into simple, easy-to-read stories that achieve strategic goals.
How do I do that? With lots of questions! When we work together, I will ask questions to determine the real goal (not a check-the-box goal); what your audience needs and wants; and what success for the communication piece will look like. I also push back when necessary, so consider yourself forewarned.
What I do for clients:
• Work as a content strategist, writer, ghostwriter and editor
• Provide fresh eyes to material you know inside and out
• Ask questions designed to identify the “why” and “what next”
• Review copy from a variety of standpoints, such as journalist, front-line employee and consumer
What I write:
• Long- and short-form articles
• Press releases
• White pages
• Case studies
What I have done:
• Wrote executive speeches and PowerPoint presentations for global conferences and international media events
• Wrote and managed a monthly internal newsletter from a corporate vice president to 1,600+ U.S.-based employees
• Created a process and managed all global communication pieces related to a company’s annual premier internal award
• Managed all communication pieces for a large corporation’s national two-year training program
If you are looking for a freelance writer with a proven ability to get results, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article, Presentation, Interview, Whitepaper, Website Copy, Press Release, Blog Post, Case Study